Helping students find accommodation
Jon Gauld Student Lets Limited (Company Number 10836251)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it. During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
JG Student Lets take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/687 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA164435 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
When you sign up to live in a property you become one of our tenants and you agree that we can store the information you provide us for the purpose of the following:
- Being able to contact you at the relevant addresses; phone, email and property
- Obtaining references if required on any previous rental agreements you have had
- The odd occasion where it is more beneficial if we pass on your name, number/email address to a contractor so works can be liaised. This includes, name and mobile number used for any orders of furniture for example, where it is best if you are updated on delivery times etc. We will in all instances where the option is available click to make sure no marketing material is sent on to you as a result of this
- We will pass on your details to any future housemates who have signed an agreement to live in the same property as yourself, if they request them. This is so you can get to know who you are going to live with, in addition to make any pre-tenancy arrangements such as setting up internet.
- When your tenancy agreement ends with us, all of your data will be kept for two years after your departure in an archived folder. This will be kept for the purpose of any future references you may require.
- We will keep the details of the signed tenancy indefinitely, for tax and licencing reasons, to prove how many people lived in the property and when. All other information will be deleted.
- We need student ID numbers so that we can prove to the council you don’t need to pay council tax if you are exempt. We will pass on information on who is living in our properties if they have any council tax disputes.
- We also hold details in case of emergency or if the tenant is believed to be a danger to themself or anyone else
- Most tenants will pay by Direct Debit so sturents.com will keep your bank details securely under their own regulations.
- We will not keep or store card details for anyone. Card payments will be processed immediately over the phone through Barclaycard and we adhere to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and all its policies.
When agreeing to become a guarantor for a tenant in one of our properties we will:
- Primarily only hold your information to be used in the event of the tenant defaulting in payment.
- If the matter becomes on-going and neither yourself or the tenant you are guaranteeing are forth coming in settling the amount due, then your details will be sent on to third parties who will aid us in debt collection.
- We will hold your details in an archived folder on our secure server for two years after the end of the tenancy agreement for the purpose of any future referencing the tenant may need.
- Additionally we will hold your details longer than two years, if rent arrear disputes or re-payments are on-going past this time.
- We also hold details in case of emergency or if the tenant is believed to be a danger to themselves or anyone else
- We will not keep or store card details for anyone. Card payments will be processed immediately over the phone through Barclaycard and we adhere to PCI DSS and all its policies.
In the case where we enter into works with yourself, we may pass on your details to tenants if the situation appears easier for you to liaise directly with the tenants in order to arrange works.
You have a right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- Make a request, where reasonable, to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold
In all cases, unless require to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
All information is stored electronically within our network, in our office at:
Unit 17, Foundry Business Park
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the ICO in relation to our use of your information. The details of the ICO are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address any other contact details.
Any questions please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety Documents
Click to download a documentElectric Hob Electric Oven Fridge and Freezer Gas Hob Gas Oven Microwave