We know that finding somewhere to rent and make home can be a very stressful process. Especially when you do not even know where to start! Over at JG headquarters, we like to think we can take the stress out of your search and are happy to give advice where we can.
Here’s a short, easy guide to renting with us. We have simplified our approach as much as possible, as we don’t believe in over complicating things!
Where to start?
- Decide on a group size and the area you want to live in.
- It is also good to agree on the maximum budget everyone has and also certain requirements that are important to you.
- You should agree on these things before you start viewing houses as this will help narrow your search. Plus you won’t be wasting time on houses that not all of you are interested in.
Let the search commence!
- Have a look on our website for houses that may match you requirements, shortlist the ones you like and give us a call. Simple!
- Or alternatively we can also recommend houses to you if you want to call us and discuss your requirements we are happy to help.
See it for yourself!
- If you would like to view the house we can arrange a viewing for when you are all free.
- We do have to give our students at least 24 hours notice for all viewings so please bear that in mind when organising a time with your group.
- We can either meet you at the house or pick you up, whichever you prefer.
- It is always recommended that the whole group attend the viewing. Although we are happy to organise second viewings to help you decide, you may find that in our busy time the houses go very quickly! We wouldn’t want you to miss out on the perfect house.
Found the one?
- If you would like to secure one of our houses, call as soon as you have made your decision and confirm you want to move forward.
- To secure the property you will need to sign a contract and pay £150 admin fee. You also need to get your guarantor to sign their part. This process is all completed online via our e-contract system on StuRents.
- In our busy time, you will only have a short time to get all of this sorted to secure the house. If you pass your deadline then you will lose the house to next group wanting it. So make sure you proactive in getting everything finalised.
- If one person in your group doesn’t sign the contract by the deadline but others do, this can also put you at risk of losing the house.
Is that it?
- Yes! Once all steps are completed, you can sit back, relax and know your house is all secured!
Simple right? We certainly think so! If you have any questions at all, we are just a phone call away and happy to answer any questions.
Or if you are ready to have a look at what we have to offer, let your search commence!
Happy House Hunting!
All Blog Posts